summer 2024

Fire up the grill, pack up a picnic, gather friends and family, and get ready to enjoy a food filled summer with Donald Russell.

celebrate summer with donald russell

Get ready to celebrate summer in style with our exciting range of barbecue, picnic, and light & lean products – including some new creations to ensure your summer parties & outdoor gatherings are a hit! From juicy burgers to succulent steaks, and from customer-favourite Artisan Sausage Rolls to our new Deep Filled Roast Pepper & Feta Quiche, you’ll have everything you need for a perfect al fresco dining experience.  

Shop summer range

featured summer categories

fire up the barbecue this summer

Gather your friends and family, turn up the heat and savour the unbeatable smoky aroma of our delicious meats on the barbecue. Whether you prefer a perfectly seared Ribeye Steak or a classic British Beef Burger dripping with cheese, we've got something for everyone to ensure an unforgettable summer of al fresco dining. 

Shop Now

Fire up the barbecue

Follow Chef Eddie’s Top 4 Barbecue Tips to perfect your grilling and impress your guests this summer. 

Make sure your barbecue is clean before you preheat it. A great tip if you’re using a charcoal grill is to put the charcoal on one half of the grill to give you a hot half and a cooler half. Charcoal needs to burn until the coals are covered with a layer of ash, as it cooks the meat more evenly. 

Brush the meat with oil and lay it gently on the barbecue. Cook slowly until browned and turn just once. Use tongs rather than a fork, so you don't pierce the meat. Cook the meat on its first side for 60% of the total cooking time, and the second side for the remaining 40%. 

If anything looks like it may burn, move it further from the heat so it will cook slower. Raising the rack to around 10cm should be just right. Cover the barbecue with a lid as much as possible while cooking, especially for larger cuts. This helps them cook more evenly, lock in the barbecue flavour and prevents flare-ups. 

Don't be tempted to serve your burgers, steaks, and other cuts straight off the barbecue - this could make your meat tough and will let the juice run out. Rest the meat on a rack, in a warm place, loosely covered with foil for up to 10 minutes. Now all that's left to do is serve and enjoy! 

new to donald russell this summer

We have some fantastic NEW products to add something a bit different to your summer celebrations. Level up your barbecues & picnics with our new summer selection, including Steak & Caramelised Onion Burgers, Pork, Red Pepper & Hot Honey Sausages, and Chimichurri Sirloin Steak.  

Shop Now

stock up with our summer selections

Check out our hand-picked selections of must-have summer essentials that are guaranteed to make your summer unforgettable. From our customer-favourite Butcher’s Pork Sausages, perfect for the barbecue, to our new range of delicious summer products including Chimichurri Sirloin Steak and Greek Style Pork Loin Steaks, there’s something for everyone this season.  

Shop Now

pack up the perfect picnic

Explore our summer picnic food - the perfect addition to any outdoor gathering! From our NEW Pork, Cheese & Onion Chutney Sausage Rolls to our NEW Deep Filled Roast Pepper & Feta Quiche, we have irresistible treats for picnics in the park or days at the beach. 

Shop Now

get insprired with our summer recipes

the perfect summer cocktail - refreshing mojito

- 4 or 5 mint leaves 
- 2 oz white rum 
- ½ oz simple syrup 
- 1 oz fresh lime juice 
- Soda Water 
- Ice 
- Lime for garnish 
Add your mint leaves to a cocktail shaker and muddle then lightly. 
Add the rum, syrup, lime juice and some ice and shake. 
Fill a glass with ice and strain the shaken mixture into the glass. 
Top with soda water and garnish with lime and mint. 

Donald Russell's summer image gallery